At Parkfield we enrich the curriculum for our children by offering a range of educational visits and other activities that add to and complement what they learn in school. There are also a number of people who visit the school to support our work. Some visits relate directly to areas of learning for individual classes, whilst others relate to all our children.
For each subject in the curriculum there is a corresponding programme of activities which includes visits by specialists. All these activities are in line with guidance published by the Local Authority and may include:
- English – theatre visits, visits by authors, library, poets and theatre groups;
- Science – use of the school grounds, visits by speakers;
- Mathematics – use of shape and number trails in the local environment;
- History – Touchstones visits, study of local housing, local museums;
- Geography – use of the locality for fieldwork;
- Art and design – art gallery visits, use of the locality;
- PE – Cluster and other sports activities, extra-curricular activities, visits by specialist coaches;
- Music – range of specialist music teaching, extra-curricular activities, Music School, concerts for parents to hear;
- Design and Technology – visits to local factories/design centres;
- Computing – its use in local shops/libraries/secondary schools etc;
- RE – visits to local centres of worship, visits by local clergy;
- Other - Cenotaph, pantomime.
Cost of Trips
As a school we heavily subsidise trips, but do we ask for a voluntary contribution of £30 per child, per year (£10 per term/£5 per half term) to make trips more affordable for all. This ensures school can adequately budget and forward plan. We feel that this cost is excellent value as most classes have approximately 6 visits/activities per year. Residential visits are not included in this price and are paid for separately.
Please note that if parents fail to make this payment it may mean that future trips may have to be cancelled. In cases of hardship, we ask that parents write to the headteacher in confidence to request assistance with the costs.
Here you can find all our #Trip tweets from the last few days. However, if you'd like to see all of our #Trip tweets please click here.