We are extremely proud of the participation in sport and have employed a Sports Activity Leader who delivers PE lessons throughout the school and organises specialist coaches to offer various after school activities. As a school we are extremely proactive in trying to raise the quality and opportunity for all children. Physical education is celebrated throughout the school.
The new Government funding has allowed the school to work towards creating healthier lifestyles and increased participation for all. We have done this by;
- Increasing the range of extra-curricular sporting activities.
- Improving the quality of PE lessons by up skilling staff through training, and participation. Funding expert sports coaches has helped develop and deliver cricket, dance, gymanastics, football, table tennis and basketball, Both pupils and staff have benefited from these initiatives.
- Specialist equipment has been purchased to allow more involvement for more pupils during PE Lessons, and to also improve the level of skills taught to the children.
- New markings have been placed on the playground to increase the understanding of the specific games, which has in turn increased the number of ‘friendly’ and competitive games against other school, which has helped create and build relationships with the wider community.
- The schools involvement in the St Annes Cup has allowed pupils to participate in a variety of sports at a higher level, playing in competitive tournaments against various schools, helping build strong relationship and community links.
- PE Achievement awards are purchased and given to 1 child per class for their outstanding achievement during each half term, to recognise the hard work, involvement and effort put in by pupils.
- A commitment to Outdoor and adventurous activities, Y5 children presently attend a residential at Robinwood activity centre.
- We believe that our school has prioritised the use of our PE premium funding to maximise the impact on our children.
We aim to sustain the positive impact of the PE premium funding at Parkfield Primary School. The time and effort put in by all staff will continue to ensure participation levels continue to increase to improve pupil progress and achievement.
Our future plans are to build on the success of the year so far and offer more opportunities to children at all levels and to encourage every child to participate in extra-curricular activities. This promotes the importance of Health and well-being. We also aim to increase participation in more friendly/competitive events within school and with other schools, and to continue providing opportunities and support for staff to further develop their skills in Physical Education.