Parkfield Primary School is an inclusive school, where every child matters. We are committed to raising achievement and we endeavour to help all children attain their full potential by:
- practising child centred education
- recognising that all children bring some strengths to the school
- building confidence
- encouraging independent learning and individual initiative
- helping children work alongside each other
We consider it important that:
- pupils, staff, parents, carers and Governors work together
- a broad and balanced curriculum is offered
- individual achievements are recognised
- potential barriers to learning are removed
- children learn about other cultures
- pupils develop skills for life
We believe that our school is a friendly, welcoming place - not too formal, with as few rules as possible, in which children respect each other and work in a pleasant atmosphere; a place for quiet thought and lively discussion, with time for work and play to intermingle.
The school would like parents/carers to:
- see themselves as partners with the school
- abide by the guidance set out in the home school partnership
Proud to be part of Parkfield Primary School
Although not a church school, we have very strong links with our local churches, All Saints and Martyrs and Holy Trinity. Unfortunately, Holy Trinity closed in Summer 2015 but our local vicar and Canon are familiar faces in school and the children are encouraged to think about the teachings of Jesus. The school places a strong emphasis on spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. We will continue to attend a local church regularly, teach Christian values and pray every day.
When a child becomes a member of our school they become a 'Parkfielder'. We remind children regularly about what the responsibilities of being a Parkfielder are and we display the following reminder in all classes.